Monday, May 5, 2014

U.S. Dollar is a Terribly Flawed Currency


Jim Rogers thinks sanctions on Russia over the Ukraine crisis are bad for the dollar. Rogers says, "This just pushes people further away from the U.S. dollar. I don't like saying this because I am an American, but the U.S. dollar is a terribly flawed currency. We're the largest debtor nation in world history, and now we are telling people you'd better be careful if you use the U.S. dollar. We may take it away from you. We may block you. Of course, people are going to look for an alternative."

Rogers is also a best-selling author that most recently wrote the book "Street Smarts: On the Road and in the Markets." Where is he investing his money? Rogers reveals, "I own real assets. I own agriculture." Is Rogers afraid of a systemic crash in the global economy? His reply, "Aren't you? I don't think it will happen over Ukraine, but it could because politicians do very foolish things."

- Source, USA Watchdog